Lisbon Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Lisbon has just as much fascinating history has all other European capitals, without the all commotion. We absolutely love living in Lisbon, with its vibrant culture, picturesque cityscapes of limestone building, unbeatable easy going charm and the ocean washing right up to our feet.
We have crafted some awesome Lisbon tours to showcase all that we love about our city, and we cannot wait to explain it all in person!
Most of our visitors make comments like these in regards to their travels in Lisbon:
“... a fantastic unexpected surprised!”
“…friendly people, massive river, tasty food , great coffee, beautiful light & views, colorful buildings & tiles, fun nightlife, impressive monuments, budget prices,...”
Now imagine we can share with you the best of all these aspects, and much more, in a relaxing and entertaining walk while touring Lisbon!
Try out our exciting Lisbon tours full of distinctly Portuguese tradition from a local’s perspective. We have a modern approach to the basic Lisbon tour, full of hidden places and unique stories to remember, that will leave you with a whole new outlook on Lisbon.
from 11 reviews
From EUR 55.00
Get ready for a night of tapas, tipples, and tunes on this Lisbon tour. Lisbon's music-making, liquor-creating, and tapas-serving skills are legendary so you're in for a treat!more...
Experience Lisbon Walk
from 25 reviews
From EUR 38.00
Not every city can pull off the 'quaint, little bakery hidden down a laneway' thing, but Lisbon is world-class at it. Join this Lisbon tour to walk the streets tasting pastries, cheese, coffee, seafood, and wine. Think you can handle that?more...
Saint Anthony Celebrations
Place: Lisbon old quarters - [ 01/06/2015 - 30/06/2015 ]
Every year in June, Lisbon's old quarters are decorated to celebrate the month of our patron saint. Live music, grilled sardines, meat, wine and sangria are all a part of celebration. This will be a full month of shows, music and parties.more events...
more... more stories...
31 Oct 2014 Fantastic day, Sophia was a knowledgeable guide, we had a small group and the pace was easy and enjoyable.
05 Oct 2014 Definitely loved this tour! It was a taste of Lisbon that I hadn't seen on my own. The guide was very knowledgable about all the history and cultural tidbits so relevant to the overall city. The Fado experience was memorable! One of the highlights of my Lisbon experience.
01 Oct 2014 Our tour guide (andreia) was awesome in that she knew so much about the culture and could answer any question we threw at her! I think that it should ot be advertised as a 4 hr tour, but more like a 5 hr one, so that people know to really block off their whole day for it, as ours went until about 4:30 pm
08 Sep 2014 Good tour except some of the walking from meeting point to some of the sites seemed aimless.
02 Jul 2014 Great tour - probably my highlight of this trip, and a perfect way to navigate a very confusing and unfamiliar terrain.
24 Jun 2014 Martha's knowledge and love for her city really came through
21 Jun 2014 Margarita took us on a lovely tour taking in all the sights as promised. In particular we loved going off the beaten track to explore the less touristy areas. The cakes, coffee, cheese etc tastings were all very yummy and the prawns and fish cakes at the end of the tour were fresh typical fare. We can highly recommend this tour for seeing more of how the locals live and Margarita was full of knowledge when we wanted to know more about anything we saw. She also sent us off at the end of the tour with suggestions of other places to see. Very good value for money
10 Jun 2014 It was better than our expectations. Had a wonderful day and picked up lots of tips, and tasted some lovely food and drinks.
23 May 2014 A very good tour from Andreia, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic, worth the money, thankyou.
18 May 2014 We loved every part of the tour, it took us into area's we had not seen before and this was our third visit to Lisbon. Margarita was a delight to spend the time with, informative without being too "know it all" as some tour guides can be and she was extremely friendly. Have already recommended the tour to others and obviously Urban Adventures we check out now where ever we visit. Thanks, great job.
The Lisbon Urban Adventure team are passionate about their hometown and thrilled to share their delight with travellers. From the tree lined streets and gothic cathedrals to amazing history and all those little hidden gems on the back alleys that few tourists get to see.
Join us for an adventure as we introduce you to the fantastic city of Lisbon.
Feels like: 7°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.